This post aims to collate news coverage and blog posts about the recently published Sutton trust report into what makes great teaching.
- Sutton Trust report PDF
- Summary of Sutton Trust report
- Professor Coe’s presentation – What makes great teaching?
- Durham lecture: Improving eduction. By Prof Coe
- YouTube playlist of Prof Coe speaking at ResearchED conference.
- 10 things teachers should know from the research. By Lee Elliot Major
- What makes great teaching. By Daisy Christodoulou
- Who needs the sutton trust when you have Mr Clarke. By Shaun Allison
- This much I know about… what makes great teaching. By John Tomsett
- Much about what we believe about teaching is wrong. By @websofsubstance
- Myth-busting. By Shaun Alison.
- What makes great teaching and the role of technology. By Jose Picardo
- What makes great teaching – expert views. By Guardian teacher blog
- 7 things that don’t work in the classroom. By World Economic Forum
- The problem with praise. By Richard Bailey.
- Great teaching leads to student progress. By Stephen Cavadino
- What makes great teaching. By Huntington School T&L blog.
- The Sutton Trust report – Great teaching? By Donal O’Mahony.
- In search of praise in PE. By @ImSporticus.
- Our checklist for great teaching – How does it fit with the Sutton Trust report? By John Smith.
- My lessons from America – Reflections on Sutton Trust teaching summit. By Tom Sherrington
In the news
- Education study finds in favour of traditional teaching styles – The Guardian
- The seven deadly sins of teaching – TES
- Teachers warned that praise can make pupils complacent – The Independent
- Lavish praise from teachers does not help pupils – BBC
- Traditional teaching best, modern popular styles harmful – BREITBART
- Teachers told praise can hamper pupils learning – The Scotsman
- Why praising to the skies clouds the issue – TES